Loss of Century 106 in East Midlands
Terry
2005-08-25 13:46:27 UTC
Is anyone else, totally gutted like me that we are losing Century 106 in the
East Midlands which is being replaced with the Heart rubbish. In other words
more dance music crap.
Century was a breath of fresh air when it was launched a few years ago.
Tim Miller
2005-08-26 08:52:56 UTC
Post by Terry
Is anyone else, totally gutted like me that we are losing Century 106 in the
East Midlands which is being replaced with the Heart rubbish. In other words
more dance music crap.
Century was a breath of fresh air when it was launched a few years ago.
What sort of music did it play before?

Tim (tm)
Terry
2005-08-26 11:16:08 UTC
80's, 90's and current.
But, they had the all 80's weekends - now gone!
Hairbrush Divas on Sat nights - Now replaced with Club Classics (Dance).
Jim and Paula for the breakfast show (very funny) - now gone!
Tim (tm)
Tim Miller
2005-08-31 09:25:17 UTC
Post by Terry
80's, 90's and current.
But, they had the all 80's weekends - now gone!
Hairbrush Divas on Sat nights - Now replaced with Club Classics (Dance).
Jim and Paula for the breakfast show (very funny) - now gone!
We get Heart down here in London, and it's the same type of music it
seems. Club Classics is very much a disco show, with songs you can sing
along to. 80s weekends I'll give you, though, as well as the breakfast
show. I hope you're not just getting a feed of the London Heart station
- hardly the point of local radio!

Tim (tm)
Andy Hartley
2005-10-17 01:47:55 UTC
Post by Terry
Is anyone else, totally gutted like me that we are losing Century 106 in the
East Midlands which is being replaced with the Heart rubbish. In other words
more dance music crap.
Century was a breath of fresh air when it was launched a few years ago.
Don't forget you can listen to 105.4 Century FM in the North West, or at
www.1054centuryfm.com

Andy